Thanksgiving successes

So, yesterday was Thanksgiving, a formidable day for most people on any type of diet or healthy eating program.  My sister ended up buying the whole Thanksgiving meal from a local place that I swear you couldn't go to the grocery store and get all that we got for the price she paid.  There was a whole roasted turkey; mashed potatoes and gravy; stuffing; salad; cranberry sauce (the real stuff); sweet potatoes; green beans with garlic and mushrooms; tortellini; kielbasa with sauerkraut; rolls; and two pies.  It was meant to be a meal for 4 to 6, but I swear we could have fed 10.  Everything looked and smelled wonderful.

For appetizers, there were two veggie trays with hummus and a sour cream-based veggie dip, chips and dip, some huge black olives, and I brought a pre-made tray from the grocery store that had pencil-sized slices of cheese wrapped in one of three meats:  salami, pepperoni (I think), and prosciutto.

During appetizer time, I had one of the prosciutto-wrapped things, a few black olives, and some celery and radish.  Not too bad.  For dinner, I stuck to turkey (with some gravy), the green beans, and I brought my own salad and low-cal dressing from home, because I just wanted to be sure what there would be for my green.  During clean up, I was putting away the kielbasa, and it smelled so good that I had two coin-sized slices and enjoyed every bite of it.

Overall, not a bad food day!  I made it about the company (which also included, for me at least, no alcohol).  I was pretty darned proud of myself considering all the stuff I WOULD have had in another day and time.

Comments

Hot Topics