The crippling effects of fear

My coach is getting me prepared to begin coaching soon, and she graciously offered to invite me to a coaching page on Facebook.  I scrolled and found a live video that was ongoing (and apparently day-long) that was a virtual coaching summit.  I got so psyched watching these great, inspiring leaders in the Optavia community talking about how amazing it is to help transform the lives others while also transforming their own!

I came away with some great notes.  I only wish I was aware of it and could have seen more, but I got a good, solid three hours' worth.  Some of the takeaways I got were:

Make a list of "Wouldn't it be cool if..." and don't hold back!  Shoot for 50!  I would suggest if you make this list, save it and come back to it in a year and see how many of those things happen.  I will start on mine this weekend.

Another important point was similar to something I said in one of my earlier posts about shifting the narrative.  Instead of saying, "I want to be a...," change it to, "I am/will be a..."  For me, instead of saying, "I want to be a coach," my new goal is to be sure and say, "I WILL be a coach."

My daughter recently taught me about putting your goals out there into the universe.  My belief in God also says the same thing -- it's about what you put out there.  Whether positive or negative, it will happen.  It resulted in me creating a vision board for myself which includes losing weight, writing (I've wanted to write a book since I was 9 years old), and becoming an Optavia coach.  Another goal is finding a better job making really good money, and I have a couple great prospects percolating right now.  To add to my vision board, just this evening I found some great quotes that I will place around my house to help me keep focused.  

I've attached a few here, but as you can see, my weakness has been fear -- fear of failure, fear of starting, fear of making changes... The sad thing about fear is it resides in our heads and is rarely anchored in truth.  Fear is what keeps us in place -- at least it has for me.  My goal for myself is to step out in FAITH, because that's where the freedom lies.  I've given over far too much of my life to fear, and it's resulted in me being a 55-year-old woman who never got anywhere near her dreams.

This time is different.







Comments

Hot Topics